a few happy things about this week:
1. this yummy (and healthy!) corn, bacon, and potato chowder – recipe here. it tasted even better on the second day because the flavors had a chance to meld. i used frozen corn instead of fresh corn cut off the cob only because i needed something quick, but i know it would be soo tasty with fresh corn in summer.
2. the rain and storms i woke up to on wednesday. it made walking to my classes a bit…interesting (there was a tornado warning before and during my 8am, but OF COURSE class was not cancelled), and wind blew my umbrella inside-out and broke it (i’ve owned four umbrellas since i’ve been in college and the crazy west campus wind has managed to break every one of them). but then my afternoon class was cancelled and i got to go home and be lazy and enjoy the rain in bed with a book and a cup of tea. nothing gets better than that.
3. my glittery Sperry Top-Siders. college has made me a Sperry addict, mostly because of how perfect they are for walking all over campus – they’re comfortable, and my feet don’t feel dirty when i get home like they do when i wear sandals to class. the company has gotten a lot more creative with their boat shoes, which is especially nice for people like me who don’t do plain! i own a metallic silver pair, a metallic gold pair, a hot pink patent leather pair, and these charcoal-gray ones, which might be my favorite! they have a little patent leather, velvety laces, and lots of glitter. obsessed.
4. the photography class that i’m taking! i love my professor and i’m learning so much. it’s like a whole new world i never knew about. i also discovered www.cambridgeincolour.com, which gives info, tutorials, and tips on all different aspects of photography and is a really helpful reference. i have my first project due monday, so this weekend i’ll be going on a photo “excursion” to downtown bryan with my friend kyle who’s also in my photography class, and then i have a photo shoot scheduled with another friend, thomas, who will be modeling in my photos. i’m excited to get started and anxious to see how they turn out.
5. this plastic cup that my mom gave me for christmas. she got it from a little place called Dixie’s in arlington, although this style of cup is so popular right now that you can find them almost anywhere. i love it even more than i thought i would, because it works wonders at getting me to drink more water. the straw makes it so easy to sip on and i empty the cup before i even know i’ve drank any water at all! and the cupcakes and confetti make me feel like every day is a party. :)
hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! xoxo